Department / Division
- Educational Psychology Faculty
- Assistant Professor
- 511F Allen Hall
- B.A., University of Tehran, Clinical Psychology
- M.A., University of Tehran, Psychology
- M.A., University of British Columbia, Teaching and Learning
- Ph.D., Purdue University, Gifted, Talented, and Creative Studies
- Wisdom and wise Reasoning
- Creative Thinking/Positive Creativity
- Critical Thinking
- Adaptive Intelligence
- Creativity and Innovation
- Personal and Motivation Factors
- Applications of Learning Theories
- Learning and Motivation
Sternberg, R. J., & Karami, S. (2021). An 8P theoretical framework for understanding creativity and theories of creativity. The Journal of Creative Behavior.
Sternberg, R. J., & Karami, S. (2021). What Is Wisdom? A Unified 6P Framework. Review of General Psychology, 25(2), 134-151.
Sternberg, R. J., & Karami, S. (2021). Integrating Diverse Points of View on Intelligence: A 6P Framework and Its Implications. Journal of Intelligence, 9(3), 33.
Sternberg, R. J., & Karami, S. (2021). A 4W model of wisdom and giftedness in wisdom. Roeper Review, 43(3), 153-160.
Lee, H., Karakis, N., Olcay Akce, B., Azzam Tuzgen, A., Karami, S., Gentry, M., & Maeda, Y. (2021). A Meta-Analytic Evaluation of Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test: Exploring Its Validity Evidence and Effectiveness in Equitably Identifying Gifted Students. Gifted Child Quarterly, 65(3), 199-219.
Karami, S., & Parra-Martinez, F. A. (2021). Foolishness of Covid-19: Applying the polyhedron model of wisdom to understand behaviors in a time of crisis. Roeper Review, 43(1), 42-52.
Sternberg, R. J., Chowkase, A., Desmet, O., Karami, S., Landy, J., & Lu, J. (2021). Beyond transformational giftedness. Education Sciences, 11(5), 192.
Sternberg, R. J., Glaveanu, V., Karami, S., Kaufman, J. C., Phillipson, S. N., & Preiss, D. D. (2021). Meta-Intelligence: Understanding, Control, and Interactivity between Creative, Analytical, Practical, and Wisdom-Based Approaches in Problem Solving. Journal of Intelligence, 9(2), 19.
Karami, S., Ghahremani, M., Parra-Martinez, F. A., & Gentry, M. (2020). A polyhedron model of wisdom: A systematic review of the wisdom studies in psychology, management and leadership, and education. Roeper Review, 42(4), 241-257.
Rubenstein, L. D., Ridgley, L. M., Callan, G. L., Karami, S., & Ehlinger, J. (2018). How teachers perceive factors that influence creativity development: Applying a Social Cognitive Theory perspective. Teaching and Teacher Education, 70, 100-110.
Karami, S., & Ghahremani, M. (2017). Elaboration on the culturally informed Iranian hierarchical wisdom model: Comparison with Sternberg’s ACCEL model. Roeper Review, 39(4), 234-238.
Selected Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- The Foundation for Critical Thinking
- World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (WCGTC)
Certifications and Licensures
- Quantitative Research, Assessment, and Evaluation in Education Certificate, College of Education, Purdue University
- Qualitative Research Certificate, College of Education, Purdue University