Department / Division
- Educational Psychology Faculty
- 508 Allen Hall
- B.A., Jiangxi Agricultural University, English
- M.A., Nanchang University, English
- Ph.D., Mississippi State University, Educational Psychology
- Motivation at school
- Academic emotion
- Second language acquisition
- Educational & Psychological Statistics
- Personal and Motivation Factors in Education
- Evaluating Learning
- Human Development and Learning
- Applied Learning Theory
- Xie, J., Wei, T., Zeng, Y., Lobsenz, J., & Chen, X. (2018). Learner perceptions of demotivators in the EFL classroom: Experiences of failure on learning outcomes. Journal of Asia TEFL, 15, 491-501
- Xie, J., Yang, X., & Yu, Y. (2017). English for Agriculture and Forestry: Listening to Speak. Shanghai, China: Jiaotong University Press.
- Xie, J., Xu, J., Wei, T., Giles, M., Zhan, Y., Zeng, Y., Huang, X., & Liu, X. (under review). Academic boredom among graduate students of education: A qualitative exploration of contributors, attribution, and coping.
- Xu, J., Du, J., Liu, F., Huang, B., Sun, L., & Xie, J (under review). Homework intrinsic motivation, favorability, time management, and achievement: Testing models of reciprocal influences.
- Xie, J., Wei, T., Zhan, Y., Zeng, Y., Huang, X., Liu, X., & Gallo, K. (under review). Learner perceptions of demotivators in the EFL classroom: Conceptual framework and scale development.
Selected Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Psychological Association Division 15: Educational Psychology
- Association for Psychological Science (APS)
- Midsouth Educational Research Association (MSERA)